The Waterways are pleased to say they are part of the dementia-friendly walks series – Norfolk Easy Ambles.Read more
Join us for a scaretacular time this half term. On Saturday 26th October we will be holding various scary activities throughout the park and at The Island Cafe (which is fully accessible).
- Pumpkin Carving between 10am and 3pm at The Island Cafe – supported by Asda in Great Yarmouth and Lidl in Norwich.
- Tales from the Crypt between 11am and 2pm at the Boating Lake.
- Face painting between 10.30am to 2pm at the Boating Lake.
- Pumpkin competition at 3.15pm at The Island Cafe. The best carved display to be judged.
- Pumpkin Parade at 3.30pm – watch the pumpkins come to life with a free LED candle.
Please note some activities may incur a small charge.
Join us in celebrating the wonderful restoration of the Waterways and Boating Lake on Tuesday 20th August.
The Island Cafe and Boating Lake will be open from 2pm, where you will be able to enjoy a trip out onto the lake in one of the rowing boats or pedalos.
There will be a variety of fun activities available for you to enjoy including music, demonstrations, dance acts, Punch and Judy shows, arts and crafts and heritage walks.
Activities and entertainment are subject to change and availability.
GREAT Yarmouth’s historic Venetian Waterways have scooped a coveted award that recognises well managed parks and green spaces around the world.Read more
This May the community are being given the chance to become an informative and confident Volunteer or Guide.Read more
We are really excited that three of the original boat figureheads, dating back to the 1950s, have been moved to Skippings Gallery for vital restoration work.
The working being undertaken is of a delicate nature due to the condition and age of the wood. Once restored the figureheads will be placed throughout the Waterways for all to enjoy.Read more